Function Group for Cons. Extension
This customer enhancement can be useful under the following circumstances:
- When using the integration of EC-CS Consolidation with transaction applications, such as General Ledger or Profit Center Accounting.
- When transferring data from transaction applications to Consolidation using rollups, realtime update, or periodic extracts.
- When you want to reconcile Consolidation totals data with the totals data of a transaction application.
The function exits associated with this enhancement enable you to implement custom program logic with respect to the following issues:
- Determining the data stream to be written (function exit 200)
The following applies when a rollup is executed and there are two active data streams for integrated consolidation types, which (a) use the rollup transfer method and (b) are otherwise identical:
- If the rollup is run from within the data monitor, the system is able to uniquely determine the data stream to be written.
- If the rollup is not run from within the data monitor, function exit 200 receives the available data streams; you then choose the relevant data stream and return it to the calling program.
- Output fields of erroneous data records (function exit 210)
All errors that occur during a rollup are grouped by each data record and output to a list. Each group of errors has a leading row with certain fields of the erroneous data record, which help identify the
cause of the error. There is an option, which allows you to specify for one of your sender tables which of its fields are to be output, along with their sequence.
For example, for a rollup from the totals table of Profit Center Accounting you could specify that the company code, the G/L account,
and the profit center (in that order) is to be output for an erroneous record.
- Sender fields for org units (function exit 220)
The system uses the data elements to determine the field names of the rollup sender table, which contain the organizational units (e.g.,
company code, company, etc.) needed for converting the data. If the field names cannot be automatically determined, or the determined names are erroneous, you can use function exit 220 to determine the names of these fields. For more information on the automatic determination of field names see the documentation for function exit 220.
- Sender fields for subitems (function exit 230)
The system needs to know the names of the fields that contain the subitems that belong to a certain integrated category of subitems. The fields that belong to the standard sender tables listed below are already known by the system:
- GLPCT (EC-PCA totals table)
- GLT0 (G/L account master - transaction figures)
- GLT3 (structure of the consolidation staging ledger)
- GLFUNCT (totals table with functional area)
- GLFLEXT (totals table for flexible general ledger)
If the sender fields determined by the system are not suitable for your purposes, or if you want to use a different sender table, the function exit enables you to change or define the names of the sender fields for the subitems.
For example, for subitem category '20' (functional area) -- the master
record of which contains sender field '02' (functional area) -- and for the sender table GLPCT, you could determine that instead of using 'RFAREA' (the field determined by the system), the system should use 'SFAREA' as the sender field.
- Processing value fields prior to the update (function exit 240)
The rollup program does not accumulate values from different periods in the receiver structure. When status management in EC-CS Consolidation is active, the system only permits the update of values for the globally-defined period of the globally-defined fiscal year.
You can use function exit 240 to accumulate data across different periods. For example, if you want to consolidate quarterly and thereby transfer reported data of the periods 001 through 003 via a rollup to Consolidation into period 003, before the data is written, you need to
replace the values for period 003 with the cumulative values of the periods 001 through 003.
- Filling of custom Subitem category-like characteristics (realtime update, rollup) from all custom subassignments (periodic extract) (function exit 250)
Filling of these subassignments cannot be controlled by FI-SL field movements. Function exit 250 enables the integrated collection (realtime update, rollup, periodic extract) of FS items that are broken down by such a custom characteristic.
- When reconciling totals data, the system transfers the data from the
sender table into a standardized data structure used for the reconciliation. When this occurs, it may become necessary to adjust the transfers, or to run additional transfers. Function exit 260 can be used for this purpose.
- When reconciling totals data, the system converts the account
assignments of the transaction application to those in Consolidation (for example consolidation unit, FS item, etc.). When this occurs, it may become necessary to define the account assignments of Consolidation using logic other than that of the standard procedure. Function exit 270 can be used for this purpose.
- When using Realtime Update as the integrated transfer method, an option allows you to send an express mail when an error occurs while writing the consolidation documents, showing the type of errors that occurred (see the Implementation Guide). By default, this express mail is sent
to the user that posted the triggering entry. However, if you need to change the recipient(s) of this express mail, this can be accomplished with the use of function exit 280.
- Function exit 200
- Function exit 210
- EXIT_FICREC00_270: Integration: Exit during Reallocation for Reconciliation Summary Data
- EXIT_FICREC01_260: Integration: Exit after Selection for Reconciliation Totals Data
- EXIT_SAPLFCIM_280: Integration: Change of Recipient for Express Mail
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_200: Integration: User Exit for Determination of Data Stream during Rollup
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_210: Integration: Output Fields with Incorrect Data Records During Rollup
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_220: Integration: Sender Fields for Organizational Units on Rollup
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_230: Integration: Sender Fields for Subitems on Rollup
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_240: Integration: Processing Value Fields Before Updating During Rollup
- EXIT_SAPLFCIN_250: Integration: Get Custom Subassignments