Enhancements for Serial Number Mgt
This customer exit enables you to enter further fields for the serial number, within the framework of serial number processing. This can also be performed in a separate window.
The exit is called up automatically when you leave the serial number screen (SAPLIPW1 0200) within the application.
The update of this data is performed by customer exit IQSM0005.
The transfer parameters are:
- SER01 Delivery
- SER02 SD order
- SER03 Goods movement
- SER04 Inspection lot
- SER05 PP order
- SER06 Handling unit
- SER07 Physical inventory document
- Data from the respective documents, document number, document item. Only data from the database structure shown in S4_HEADER is available.
- The table contains all serial numbers that are subjected to an update in the current transaction (for example, newly added serial numbers). Using the table field OBKNR, it is possible to filter out the serial
numbers assigned to the object list header that is currently relevant (S4_HEADER_DATA), since the object list header also contains the internal object list number.
You want to maintain specific date for the serial numbers that is
- stored in your customer-specific database structure
- stored in the append structure CI_EQUI (for table EQUI), or
- stored in the EQUI structure itself.
You should also note:
- In all three cases using this function, you can call a separate screen in order to enter this data.
- For your own database structures, it might be necessary to force the updates of the relevant data yourself. You can use customer exit IQSM0005 for this.
- For data that is stored in the append structure CI_EQUI or in the EQUI table itself, the system automatically ensures that the update is
performed. The fields that can be included in this update are stored in the internal structure ISTRU_EQ. The relevant interface parameter is S4_ISTRU_EQ. You should note that the field contents to be updated must be flagged in the relevant flag structure S4_ISTRU_EQ_U.
The database fields EQUI-EQBER and EQUZ-EZBER that are accessible using the existing exit should not be used, as, from Release 4.6B they are intended for SAP-internal usage for storing technical information.
A (pre-existing) customer-specific use of these fields will be taken
into consideration in the standard system in so far as the existing field contents will not be overwritten, though this implies restricting the SAP-internal functionality. For this reason, these fields should not be used in the future. Specifically the exit should neither interpret nor change the field contents.
The fields EQUI-EQDAT, EQUI-EQNUM, EQUZ-EZDAT and EQUZ-EZNUM are not presently used in the standard system, nevertheless the customer should refrain from using them.
For further information, see Note 454776. Further Information
- EXIT_SAPLIPW1_004: Serial Numbers, User Exit After Exiting the Serial Screen