Enhancements for Serial Number Mgt
This customer exit is called up during serial number updating. You process each serial number individually, meaning you can change certain data for each serial number. The changeable data is stored in the following internal structures:
- ISTRU_EQ (data for segment EQUI of a serial number)
- ISTRU_EZ (data for segments EQUZ and ILOA of a serialized equipment)
For both structures there is a corresponding indicator structure (that has the suffix "_U"). This structure specifies whether changes should be made to the field or not.
At present, it is not possible to transfer data copied to the time segment of an equipment. If this is required, it must be done manually. Example
You want to change specific data for a serial number (that is
transferred using the import parameter S5_IEQUI to the exit). The data is stored
- in your own customer-specific database structure
- in the append structure CI_EQUI (for table EQUI), or
- in the EQUI structure itself
You should also note:
- For your own database structures, it might be necessary to force the updates of the relevant data yourself. You can use customer exit IQSM0005 for this.
- For data that is stored in the append structure CI_EQUI or in the EQUI table itself, the system automatically ensures that the update is
performed. The fields that can be included in this update are stored in the internal structure ISTRU_EQ. The relevant interface parameter is S5_ISTRU_EQ. You should note that the field contents to be updated must be flagged in the relevant flag structure S5_ISTRU_EQ_U.
The database fields EQUI-EQBER and EQUZ-EZBER that are accessible using the existing exit should not be used, as, from Release 4.6B they are intended for SAP-internal usage for storing technical information.
A (pre-existing) customer-specific use of these fields will be taken
into consideration in the standard system in so far as the existing field contents will not be overwritten, though this implies restricting the SAP-internal functionality. For this reason, these fields should not be used in the future. Specifically the exit should neither interpret nor change the field contents.
The fields EQUI-EQDAT, EQUI-EQNUM, EQUZ-EZDAT and EQUZ-EZNUM are not presently used in the standard system, nevertheless the customer should refrain from using them.
For further information, see Note 454776. Further Information
- EXIT_SAPLIE01_005: Serial Numbers, User Exit in the Update