Customer Exits for Code Groups (ALE)
The function module EXIT_SAPLQSMT_021 (customer enhancement "021") executed in this enhancement, is accessed in function module BAPI_QPGR_REPLICATE, and function module EXIT_SAPLQSMT_022 (customer enhancement "002") is accessed in function module BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA.
Function module BAPI_QPGR_REPLICATE creates IDocs that are needed as a data container for the ALE distribution of inspection methods. The IDocs contain in segment form the data for the object (in this case, the code group), that should be sent to one or more target
systems. The function module BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA, which can process the data for incoming IDocs, is accessed in the target system. A replicated BAPI is always accessed in connection with a SaveReplica BAPI.
Function module BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA evaluates and checks
incoming IDocs in the target system, and writes them to the database. BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA is accessed from the ALE layer, as soon as an IDoc with a suitable message type (in this case, QPGR) arrives in the IDoc inbox of the target system. You can use transaction WE20 in the target system to make a setting in the input parameters,
which decides whether incoming IDocs should be posted immediately or only using a background program. This is independent of the data type or source system.
You can use this customer enhancement with the parameter "EXTENSION1" of the interface for the BAPIs BAPI_QPGR_REPLICATE and BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA to manage data in the BAPI interface without
changing their form. (A released BAPI interface can no longer be changed for compatibility reasons.)
To ensure greater flexibility, all parameters for function modules BAPI_QPGR_REPLICATE or BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA are transferred to the function modules "EXIT_SAPLQPGR_021" and "EXIT_SAPLQPGR_022".
The interfaces for customer enhancement "021" and "022" contain the following elements:
- I_QPGR: The current code group that should be sent. The descriptions for the individual fields can be found in the database table "QPGR".
- T_CODES: The codes for this code group (attribute as table). This table
contains the codes for the code group that should be sent.
- T_EXTENSION1: In this parameter, you can manage (transfer, modify, etc.) data for the interface, without changing the interface for BAPI BAPI_QPGR_REPLICATE. The parameter has data type BAPIEXTC and is
transferred in table form. You can find the description of the single fields in the Data Dictionary for the data type.
Changes made to parameters I_QPGR and T_CODES within function modules EXIT_SAPLQPGR_021 or EXIT_SAPLQPGR_022 are ignored.
- EXIT_SAPLQPGR_021: Customizing Exit Extension Parameters ALE Interface for Code Groups
- EXIT_SAPLQPGR_022: Customizing Exit Extension Parameters ALE Interface for Code Groups