Function Group: Cust. Exit Insp. Method
The function module EXIT_SAPLQSMT_021 (customer enhancement "021") executed in this enhancement, is accessed in function module BAPI_QMTB_REPLICATE and function module EXIT_SAPLQSMT_022 (customer enhancement "022") is accessed in function module BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA.
The function module BAPI_QMTB_REPLICATE creates IDocs that are needed as a data container for the ALE distribution of inspection methods. The IDocs contain in segment form the data for the object (in this case, the inspection method), which should be sent to one or more target
systems. The function module BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA, which can process the data for the incoming IDocs, is accessed in the target system. A replicated BAPI is always accessed in connection with a SaveReplica BAPI.
The function module BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA evaluates and checks incoming
IDocs in the target system, and writes them to the database. BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA is accessed from the ALE layer, as soon as an IDoc arrives in the IDoc inbox of the target system with a suitable message type (in this case, QSMT). You can use transaction WE20 in the target system to make a setting in the input parameters,
which decides whether incoming IDocs should be posted immediately or only using a background program. This is independent of the data type or source system.
You can use this customer enhancement with the parameter "EXTENSION1"of the interface for the BAPIs BAPI_QMTB_REPLICATE and BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA to manage data in the BAPI interface without
changing their form. (A released BAPI can no longer be changed for compatibility reasons.)
To ensure greater flexibility, all parameters for function modules BAPI_QMTB_REPLICATE or BAPI_QMTB_SAVEREPLICA are transferred to the function modules "EXIT_SAPLQMTB_021" and "EXIT_SAPLQMTB_022".
The interfaces for customer enhancement "021" and "022" contain the following elements:
- T_INSP_METHOD: All inspection method versions that should be sent (table). The descriptions for the single fields can be found in database table "QMTB".
- T_SHORTTEXTTAB: Short texts for the inspection method (attribute as table). This table contains all the short texts for the inspection method versions that should be sent. You can change these short texts within the customer enhancement. Note that each version of an
inspection method must contain at least one short text - this table cannot be empty. If there are several short texts for an inspection method version, two short texts cannot exist in the same language.
- T_LONGTEXTTAB: The long texts for the inspection method (attribute as
table). This table is optional and can be empty. This table is empty, if there are no long texts for an inspection method version. A data record in this table corresponds to a long text line, not a complete long text. Therefore, there can also be several data records in the same language (in contrast to T_SHORTTEXTTAB).
- T_EXTENSION1: In this parameter, data for the interface can be managed (transferred, modified, etc.)without changing the interface for the BAPI, BAPI_QMTB_REPLICATE. The parameter has data type BAPIEXTC and is transferred in table form. You can find the description for the single fields in the Data Dictionary for data type BAPIEXTC.
- EXIT_SAPLQSMT_021: Customer Enhancement: Create IDocs (Replicated BAPI Inspection Method)
- EXIT_SAPLQSMT_022: Customer Enhancement: Post IDocs (SaveReplica BAPI Inspection Method)