PPPI Customer Exits
Using this SAP enhancement, you can define a function exit to assign values automatically to characteristics of process instructions in the process order and in the control recipe.
If you enter function COAV_CUSTOMER_EXIT_001 for automatic value assignment in the characteristic definition, you can assign values to a characteristic using the function exit.
However, the function exit can only be used for value assignment of the characteristic value is no long text.
The standard system contains function modules for automatic characteristic value assignment. First check whether you can use one of these function modules.
Notes for processing the function exit:
- The interface parameters are defined as follows:
Data transferred from the process order to the function:
- the name of the characteristic to which a value is to be assigned (CHARACTERISTIC)
- the number of the characteristic to which a value is to be assigned in the process instruction (PI_CHAR)
- all characteristics of the current process instruction (PI_CHAR_TAB)
- the superior operation (OPERATION)
- the superior phase (PHASE)
- the resource of the superior operation (RESOURCE)
Data transferred from the function exit to the process order:
- the characteristic value to be set (VALUE_CHAR or VALUE_NUM)
For information on the parameter formats, see the interface description of the function exit.
- You can define the source code of the function according to the value assignment logic you want to use. Please note that the characteristic value has to be transferred to the following export parameters, depending on the format:
- in the case of alphanumeric characteristics, to parameter VALUE_CHAR
- in the case of numeric characteristics, to parameter VALUE_NUM
If value assignment terminates, you can select the exception "Cancelled".
- If you want to use the function to assign values to various character- istics, each with a different value assignment logic, you will have to branch to different parts of the program, depending on the
Example CASE CHAR_NAME. WHEN 'MERKMAL_1'. "User field (non-numeric) VALUE_CHAR = PHASE-USR00. WHEN 'MERKMAL_2'. "User field (numeric)
VALUE_NUM = PHASE-USR04. WHEN 'MERKMAL_X'. " ... ... WHEN OTHERS. RAISE CANCELLED. ENDCASE
For further examples see the functions of function group COAV
- EXIT_SAPLCOAV_001: User-Defined Automatic Value Assignment of Process Instruction Charact.